Listen and subscribe to the Podcast on:
- iTunes – https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/the-shaman-podcast/id1497951287
- Google – https://www.google.com/podcasts?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly90aGVwcmFjdGljYWxzaGFtYW4uY2EvZmVlZC9wb2RjYXN0Lw
- Blubrry – https://blubrry.com/the_shaman_podcast
- Stitcher – https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-shaman-podcast
- Tunein – https://tunein.com/radio/The-Shaman-Podcast-p1294958
- Spotify – https://open.spotify.com/episode/2jh7e16jqksKoIFDs0C7dl?si=8_ozqC7bQQaRt0yN3EPOQQ
- Deezer – https://blubrry.com/the_shaman_podcast/
Speaker – Mark A. Ashford
Usui Tibetan Reiki Master and Teacher
What this is – Hello and welcome to the “The Shaman Podcast”
What we talk about in this Podcast –
- Reiki – Reiki energy healing, especially the lineage I follow originated in Tibet, in Shamanistic practices that were recorded in Tibetan Buddhist Texts and practices that from the 8th century onward.
- This Podcast is one of several media available to you to help you understand and develop your awareness of energy healing and practices, history, tradition and a little anthropology.
The others are:
- YouTube videos – “Reiki with Candice, Mark, and Opame” – Candice and Opame are two of my guides.
- Books – eBooks and Paperback books – in full colour available on Amazon.ca
- Online courses at Teachable.com
- A blog at ThePracticalShaman.ca
Today we are talking about: Reincarnation
Reincarnation is the philosophical or religious concept that the non-physical essence of a living being, its soul or Spirit starts a new life in a different physical form or body after biological death. It is also called rebirth, transmigration or metempsychosis.
Reincarnation is a central tenet of the main Indian religions; Jainism, Buddhism, Sikhism and Hinduism. Some Hindu groups that do not believe in reincarnation, instead they believe in an afterlife.
It is found in many streams of orthodox Judaism as well as some North American Natives and some Native Australians.
Historic Greek figures, such as Pythagoras, Socrates, and Plato all believed in and wrote about reincarnation.
The Celts and Druids had a central core belief that the soul does not die. After death it passes from one body into another… the main object for this is education. The soul learns or relearns about existence from one life to another but itself is indestructible.
Taoist beliefs as far back as the Han Dynasty 206BC – 220AD describe reincarnation as “Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting-point.”
The majority of the major sects in Christianity and Islam do not believe in reincarnation, but some such as the Cathars, Alawites, Druze, and the Rosicrucian’s do.
It is the doctrine of salvation in Christianity that prevents belief in reincarnation. Islam believes in a linear life at the end of which a person is judged and sent either to Hell or Heaven. On judgement day all are resurrected.
Personally, I think of my body as a container, a container in which my soul exists and is able to experience the physical world. Through each life time, my soul learns lessons about existence and balances its Karma, and in so doing, it becomes enlightened. When it achieves enlightenment, it breaks free of this plain of existence and has a choice to move on, or, continue but on its terms. When a particular spirit is so moved by compassion and love for those of us still in the throes of birthing pains again and again, it comes back to teach and heal.
The intermediate or transitional state between death and reincarnation is known as the Bardo in Buddhism. It is in this state that Near-Death Experiences [NDE] are recorded.
It is at this time, after death and before rebirth that the shaman plays his/her most important role.
A soul or spirit may not immediately be reincarnated to the next physical form. The soul may not accept the death of their physical body, which may have ended because of an accident, sudden illness or even violence. The soul may linger in the current world as a non-physical essence and attach themselves to a physical person such as a loved one or a completely unrelated individual. This may hurt or damage the physical person they have attached to. Damage manifests as illness.
Shamans operate primarily within the spiritual world, which they believe affects the human world. A Shaman healing the soul or spirit of a living person restores their physical body to balance and wholeness.
In so doing, the Shaman encounters the source of the sickness, the attached soul that has not passed over to be reincarnated and guides it to the spirit world where it can manifest into a new physical being, healed and capable of continuing on their journey.
In other situations, relatives may engage a shaman to seek out the soul of the deceased and help it cross over and reincarnate normally.
I hope this podcast has been informative and interesting. Please, subscribe to the Podcast so receive future episodes, and check out our other materials to help in understanding Shamanism, Reiki and energy healing.
I look forward to seeing you in the next Episode.Bye for now.